- Spons. Awards
- CCDC Online
- Visitor's Info.
CCDC Best PhD Thesis Award
This CCDC award recognizes a PhD student judged to have written the best PhD thesis in the area of Control, Dynamical-Systems, or Computation over the period of evaluation. The Award consists of a $1000 prize and a plaque to be presented no more often than annually at a CCDC function.
Theses will be evaluated based on their originality, technical excellence, anticipated impact, and clarity. This award is intended to promote continued research excellence in the Center and recognize and publicize work of exceptional quality by our CCDC students.
A UCSB PhD student that graduated under the supervision of a faculty member of the CCDC.
- The nomination window closes at the end of October each year.
- The filing date for thesis should be within the past three years prior to nomination closing date.
- Award will be announced in December (before the CDC).
For a thesis to be nominated, the following material should be send to <email@example.com> Oct 31st.
- A nomination letter from the advisor describing the originality and significance of the work
- A list of publications that resulted from the thesis
- An electronic copy of the thesis
- Thesis filing date
A award selection committee will be constituted every year by the CCDC director after nominations are received. The committee will typically consist of 3 suitably selected faculty members, one from each of ME, ECE, ChE, unless the particular mix of nominations necessitates expertise from other departments.